Wednesday 12 February 2014

Review: Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight Kit


The Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight Kit is the first Kevyn Aucoin product I have purchased, and I did so due to the Space NK christmas sale, which cut it's original £96 in half (happy days!). This is a quality kit, which you wouldn't give to someone who was new to makeup or not really a makeup lover - in fact you would probably keep it for yourself, it is irresistible.

The kit includes;

  • The Celestial Powder in Candlelight
  • The Essential Eye Shadow Set Palette #8
  • Basic White pencil eyeliner
  • Black liquid eyeliner pen
  • Votive Candle (Mini)



I haven't found a use for the candle or White eyeliner yet, but the 3 other products have all been huge hits with me. The black liquid eyeliner remains glossy, jet black and in place all day (literally the best liquid eyeliner results I have ever seen on myself), the celestial powder highlights under the brow bone, and on the cheek bone so beautifully, finally the eye shadow palette (featured in my Jan Favourites) enables you to create soft sultry looks with beautiful pigments and little effort.


The whole set, from the packaging to the mini votive candle has such an air of class and elegance about it that you feel you just want to stare at the products rather than use them. I particularly like the fact that the compacts are sleek and easy to open, and they look expensive. It makes applying makeup and creating a smokey, sexy eye look creative and feminine and I love this set for that. You are guaranteed never to look over done, or un-blended as all the products work seamlessly together.


I know SpaceNK are currently out of stock of this set, and I am not sure if they would get anymore in, as this was a limited edition product. It might be worth having a search around though if you are looking for a splurge product for yourself or someone else who loves to indulge in the high-end once in a while.

A face of the day featuring all of the products will be posted soon in Feb!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...