Thursday 14 February 2013

Battle of the Beauty Tools: #3 The Clarisonic

The mighty Clarisonic Cleansing System has to be up there with some of the best beauty award winners of all time. 

So if you are scrubbing up for a fabulous date night on this Valentines day, reach for your Clarisonic!


Clarisonic Plus: Image taken from SpaceNK.com
With many different variations Clarisonic have gone from a tool used exclusivley in salons, with the Clarisonic Professional, to enabling male and female skin care fanatics to own their own Clarisonic and get the results in the comfort of their own bathroom with the Clarisonic, Clarisonic Plus & more recently the Clarisonic Mia. Many of these fanatics do not know where they would be without their much loved cleansing system. 

The Clarisonic works on Sonic waves, as the brush at the top of the device vibrates and oscillates accross all areas of your face it works with your favourite cleanser to remove dirt and makeup whilst gently exfoliating your skin.

For anyone with acne prone, or particularly oily skin this is a great tool to use to make sure the pores in your skin stay free of bacteria, that would normally cause spots. Those that also love to exfoliate will find fabulous results from using this as close together as every morning, to cut out their normal exfoliation routine, but reveal smoother skin which absorbs your products much easier.

Whilst it is an investment, any skin care lover will understand that parting with your money will mean skin which is in a great condition and could change the way you go about cleansing your face.

When i first received my Clarisonic I couldn't wait to use it to help take my makeup off along with my cleanser. Removing makeup & cleansing became a joy to do!

One thing I do wish Clarisonic would create is some kind of cleaning system for the brush heads, which although you can replace, never seem to get as good as new once makeup is on them. As you are placing that brush directly on your skin, it seems a good idea to make it as clean as possible, and rid of the bacteria as best you can.

The heads for the system, cost around £20 and should be replaced every 3 months or so, and come in a variety of different sensitivities. If you have quite sensitive skin you might want to go for the Sensitive brush head, but if you have acne issues, maybe go for the pore cleansing brush, there is also heads for other skin types.

First Impressions: I was so excited to use this tool when I got it that I maybe used it too much, resulting in even angrier looking skin - this can happen as all the nasties are being brought to your skin's surface. You really need to take time to find the speed setting that works for you skin, and whether you want a timer telling you when you should be done scrubbing! My face was a lot smoother, and i do miss my Clarisonic when I don't use it, however I do not use it all the time. Maybe once a week, as my skin is sensitive to being scrubbed a lot.

Lasting Impressions: I am glad I have a Clarisonic, it does make my skin feel great & clean - but I find myself needing to buy new brushes all the time, and having to pay £20 a pop for a brush head sometimes isn't on the top of my list to spend £20 on, and this stunts my usage of this great tool sometimes.

The Clarisonic is available from SpaceNK priced at £179 for the Clarisonic Plus 

Do you have one of the Clarisonic cleansing systems?
Could you live without yours?

Let me know!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...