Tuesday 28 January 2014

Review: Kardashian Beauty - Honey Stick Lip Gloss

Kardashian fans will know that the ninth season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians premiered this weekend in the UK, and what a season it looks to be! 

If you love a good session of reality TV,  you will have been eager to see what the sisters brought out as part of their Kardashian Beauty cosmetics line in 2013.

Originally titled Khroma Beauty, which was dropped through legal battles (only in LA!) Kardashian Beauty has a whole range of really quite appealing and competitive products for sale both in the UK and USA. The line has got products destined for tanning, face priming and false lash-i-fying. 

One of the most popular products which shone above the rest is the Honey Stick Lip Gloss

The price for this lipgloss I thought was really great, affordable but not too high street at £8.95, but still looks stylish to pull out of your hand bag (I personally love the rose gold). Colour wise I received the Natural Honey shade, which I think creates a great enhancement to natural lips or on top of another colour of lipstick. I am wearing the lipgloss on it's own below. 



When you swizzle the doe foot applicator out of the tube you will notice that the applicator itself is quite a length, meaning you can reach right to the bottom of the tube and make the most out of your product, which whether unusual or intentional it's a novel idea. 

Application to the lips is a little sticky, but as a result of that it lasts well for a good couple of hours (if not eating or drinking). The formula is glam, sparkly and slightly pearlised but smooth in texture, and if you don't notice that then the one thing you will notice straight away is the smell. 

These are not called Honey Stick Lip Glosses for nothing, and I can't put my nose on whether it is a nice or nasty smell. Whether there is honey in these glosses, I don't know (It would explain the stickiness!) however the smell lingers on my lips and stays with you whilst wearing. Sometimes I like the smell, but other times I think its just too fake, and over powering. 


I have not tried any other colours, but I think I would like to just to compare against colour pay off and formula - do the others really smell the same?!

As a note too, FeelUnique also have a note on their site to say you may receive Khroma branded products instead of those bearing the new logo of Kardashian Beauty like mine - so do be aware if ordering online, if this could bother you.

Whilst this is a usable and pretty shade of gloss, the smell does put me off and sway my decision to wear this. I am looking forward to trying out more Kardashian products though. 

Let me know your experience with Kardashian Beauty products below. 




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade xx


    http://yougottabegorgeousx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a pretty shade! I don't know about you, but I really don't like how long the tubes of lipgloss are. It just makes the applicator seem really flimsy to me... I am interested in trying more Khroma products though!

    www.wednesdaypress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...