Thursday 30 January 2014

Evening Skincare Routine



Back in the early days of 2014 I posted my Morning Skincare Routine - I am now pleased to follow this up with my Evening Skincare Routine. Tadaah!

This is my day to day standard before bedtime.

Cleanse with Emma Hardie Moringa Balm cleanser: Distribute a small amount all over a dry face of makeup and massage the skin. Take a Emma Hardie damp wash cloth, and remove all the daily grime. I am not too overly bothered if a bit of mascara is left etc, as I double cleanse it up.


I complete the 2 step cleanse with the Image Skincare Vital C Hydrating Cleanser to ensure everything has left my face. The cream texture means it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or stripped, or that is has excess product that it can't absorb - instead it feels comforted.


Once I have dabbed my face dry with a fresh towel, I take a pipette full of my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and distribute evenly over my face. ANR is one of those products that I wonder what I was using before it came along, it makes your skin feel revived each morning. January saw me buy my 2nd bottle!


When the serum has sunk into the skin, and your face has lost it's tackiness I apply a 10 pence sized slathering over Vital C Hydrating Repair Creme - my skin loves this product and just seems to drink it in and show me a not so irritated Rosacea like complexion in the morning.

I will also pop on some eye cream if I think of it, but generally I am so ready to sleep that it does get missed. I must remember I am only getting older and one day under eye bags will creep up on me!
Because I am not always consistent with eye creams I don't think it's fair to recommend one here, based on my 'once in a while' usage.

If I have been wearing really stubborn makeup designed for long wear - perhaps I've sprayed my Urban Decay Setting Spray over the top, or I have quite heavy eye makeup. It is then that I target those areas with some Micellar water first, pre - cleanse. I currently really rate the La Roche-Posay Micellar offering, have never tried Bioderma but am keen to try the high street dupe from L'Oreal.

Let me know if you would like more information on any of the products mentioned in this post! Leave a comment below with the favourite part of your evening skincare routine!





7 comments:

  1. Great post, can you notice the difference if you miss a regular routine?

    Olivia @ Awake Looks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olivia, I definitely notice that my skin isn't as comfortable or at its best when I don't stick to my routine. x

      Delete
  2. Nice products! Double cleansing always makes my skin feel so much better. It makes such a difference especially with balm cleansers.

    http://emmabebeauty.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have been using the emma hardie cleansing balm and have fallen in love with it! Nothing has ever made my skin look and feel so good!

    www.britisihbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, I know I don't think I can ever replace my Emma Hardie with another now!

      Delete
  4. The Emma Hardie cleansing balm sounds great! I've been a bit skeptical about trying them in case they don't agree with my oily skin, but I really want to try out that one. And the Estée Lauder serum sounds brilliant too! x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn, even though the Emma Hardie is a balm that melts into an oil texture apparently it works for even the oiliest of skins because it doesn't strip your skin of the oils it needs. When you strip your skin of oil, it tends to go crazy and start producing more oil to compensate. So it might just work! It's difficult though you don't want to buy one huge tub just to try!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...