Thursday 9 January 2014

Battle of the Beauty Tools #5: Tangle Teezer, Aqua Splash


Welcome back!

As many beauty bloggers are I am a huge fan of the Original Tangle Teezer, it's such a great invention that I think many of us wonder where we would be, and what kind of state our hair would be in without one. 

The Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash is designed in a different way than the Original, and for a different purpose. Designed for use in wet or damp hair, the bristles are apparently designed not to pull out the hair but teeze out those tangles like its popular sister product. I have been known to use it on dry hair too! 

I like to use this product in the shower, when applying hair masks or treatments, or even just to distribute leave in conditioner into my hair after washing.

The hollow middle, means if you do like to use a brush / comb in the shower and have it left ready for next use, nothing is going to be holding on to the water when you are not using it. The product comes in great bright designs, and would be ideal for little girls at bath time or holiday trips. 

First impressions can say this product is really basic, it's a plastic tube, with plastic bristles that retails for over £10. It does have a grippy texture though and good ergonomic design, so it's easy to hold, but it's light and I would say a no frills product.

It's bristles kind of mean its hybrid between the comb and the brush. I've always gone for a wide tooth comb, because my hair just falls out so easily and gets damaged with a brush when wet. The Aqua splash for me is just a fancy comb, and I can definitely get along without it. If you fancy trying it and have the extra cash to spend on a brush then it is a good tool to have, especially if you find brushing your hair a chore after showering.

I don't think the Aqua Splash made as much of a 'Splash' in the beauty market ocean as expected, but it is a product which if you can afford probably will benefit you in the long run and keep the chore of de-tangling wet hair to a minimum. 

You can find the Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash here, for £11.69 currently. 

Have you used the Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash? 



2 comments:

  1. I've not tried a Tangle Teezer but I have to comb my conditioner through my hair in the shower and my current brush is on its way out so I'll definitely have to look into this. Great review, thank you :)

    Hannah @ Cutes and Fruits x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this out! I have the original tangle teezer and it has made such a difference to my haircare regime. :)

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...