Wednesday 6 February 2013

Battle of the Beauty Tools: #2 Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

I have only ever had three sets of eye lash curlers, one which was a heated pair brought straight out of  a Tesco's beauty dept. , the other a stainless steel pair from reputable brand Tweezerman & the third I received at Christmas last year, Shu Uemura's iconic eyelash curler.

Iconic because these curlers seemed to be all I ever heard about through beauty blogs, beauty awards and YouTube videos since I must have been 17!

These curlers just deliver the most maximum curl possible! They work especially well if you put your eyelashes between the curlers, and then tilt the curlers up towards the ceiling with your thumb. When I first did this I expected each of my eyelashes to be pulled out in the process, but pleasantly I was just wowed with the difference it made to my eye shape, and the way mascara could then work even harder, without losing eyelashes!

I have relatively small eyes with lashes which look like they have been straightened to be fair, so I wasn't expecting much in terms of curl. But I was really impressed with the curl, the pressure I didn't have to apply to my lashes, and the staying power of the results overall!

First impressions: When I popped these out of the box I thought, 'They don't look any different to my Tweezerman curlers!' That does still stand true, they really don't look any different, but the results were really different. So much so that I reach for these curlers on a daily basis now, after giving up on my others, which I never bother using anymore.

You can see from the photo I took below the difference from the curled eyelashes, and the non. Obviously no two eyes are identical - put this really gets accross how much more awake you can look with curled lashes, thanks to using the Shu Uemura curlers.

If you have trouble justifying £20 on a set of eyelash curlers, maybe ask for them for as a gift when you have an occasion such as a birthday coming up. You will be so excited to receive them! If you birthday isn't around the corner though, maybe try out the tilt trick with your current curlers.

Lasting Impressions: Totally worth the spend, definitely live up to their iconic status!

I got my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers from SpaceNK they are priced at £20. 
Image of curlers taken from SpaceNK.

Do you have any beauty tools or tricks you think others should know about? Let us know below!

Natalie, x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...