Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013 Beauty Resolutions

Happy New Year! 

The new year brings more blogs, and I mean A LOT  more, as last years attempt was a little rubbish, so  keep checking back or even subscribe one way or another to stay updated! Kicking the year off with an essay of types..

In 2013..

  • I need a good solid skincare routine. As an already organised person, I don't get the inability I have to keep to beauty routines. These include set days of when to use my Clarisonic or exfoliate, when to put on a moisture mask etc. This is not just for my face, but for my hair & body too. 
  • The body exfoliating and moisturising resolution, must be upheld this year! People that do par take in both on a regular, can't live without doing either, they also look at me crazily, when I say 'Yeah I should really get into that...' I need to get on board with those people. I mean it DOES make a huge difference when you keep up it up, that's both physically and emotionally - it can change the way you feel hugely. I have been trying out new body exfoliaters too, so that's something I will update you on soon!

My lack of routines for exfoliating, using hair treatments, tweezing my brows regularly, properly manicuring my nails and applying eye creams (add a million more here..) are all excluded because of my sometimes 'can't be bothered' attitude. This attitude annoys me, and also the fact I know those mentioned above make me feel a ton better about myself in the long run, but I actively choose not to do them regularly, annoys me twice as much!

In 2013, if something makes us feel fabulous, then why aren't we making the time to do it? Should time always get in the way?

Back to the resolutions;

  • Drink more water.
  • Use hand sanitizer way more than I do. I do not realise how often I have my hands all up on my face, and when you stop to think what kinda bacteria could be on your hands at that moment, it's just nasty.  My favourite is the L'Occitane gel hand sanitizer which has Lavender in it. But I also brought a new Cuticura Hand 'Serum' yesterday which is kinda interesting too, and definitely a contender, as both do not contain alcohol and thus do not try out your hands (such a bonus).
  • Eat more greens & veggies. My current solution to this is to juice & blend everything, in what I am calling a 'Juice-a-thon'. I'm actually really enjoying it, knowing that I am getting at least 5 of my 5 a day, per day is great - it's even better that veggie & fruit concoctions are quick and easy to make and can be consumed all in one glass! I have daily posts on my Instagram of the juices which I create, if you would like to check out ingredients etc, as  I have one juice per day minimum. 
I am keeping 2013 simple with the resolutions, because I think if I can feel better about what I am keeping a routine on and what I am consuming, the rest will take care of itself. 

Let me know your beauty resolutions for this year!

Natalie, x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...