Tuesday 21 January 2014

Review: Effaclar A.I Corrector

The New La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo was of course going to be out of stock in my local Boots stores. Left with a few items on my wish list to pick up, and still suffering from breakouts, I didn't want to and couldn't afford to leave with nothing. 

Pondering over the array of LRP products I decided to pick up a wild card spot treatment - 

Effaclar A.I Corrector from La Roche-Posay | 15ml | £10.50

This is a localised treatment and as such is to be applied to only those areas that need calming down, and clearing out. It can be applied under or over makeup - but personally I apply a pea sized amount on bare skin at night. 

The paraben-free formula comes in a clinically packaged tube, like all other products from the brand. I really like the clean, simple approach to packaging and I believe good packaging will sell itself, but aside from that it also makes the whole line suitable for young, old, male & female. 

This product includes a selection of clearing ingredients, such as Niacinamide and an LHA (Lipo Hydroxy-Acid) which promotes a high cell turnover to stop scarring. As an exfoliant LHA does not come with the astringent PH of popular acne treatment ingredient Salicylic Acid - this product is a well thought out duo of ingredients specifically designed to help get your skin back to it's better self.


The Effaclar A.I. gave me exactly the results I needed; 

  • I could apply just to the area of concern.
  • Once a day application for 3 days was enough to see improvement. 
  • Skin didn't tingle or sting as would have happened with Salicylic Acid based products.
  • After each nightly application the spot(s) had reduced in size, and reduced in their anger.
  • The price was affordable, so much so you are not scared to smother it over the infected zones! 

I have tried only two other products from the French brand before, one being the Micellar water which I love, and the other is the Effaclar K primer. A primer which smells just as good as this product and is suited to oily skin types - the primer was not a huge hit with me, but sufficient as I have combination skin.  

I can definitely see the A.I Corrector becoming my staple spot zapper! I particularly like the trait of the Niacinamide which stops the breakout from developing further - you know once you have applied this your skin will only get better. 

I will no doubt try the new Effaclar Duo at some point, but for now this product has got my vote as a great skincare staple, great for all skins suffering from full blown acne to the odd monthly blemish.

Have you tried the Effaclar A.I Breakout Corrector? Perhaps you have tried the Duo?
Let me know below. 


1 comment:

  1. great post! I'm currently holding a giveaway on my blog, it's not much but it'd be great if you could enter :)
    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/giveaway-thank-you-for-100-followers.html x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...